17 December 2013

R.I.P.D (2013)

R.I.P.D. (2013)

Movie Information

R.I.P.D. is a 2013 American supernatural comedy film based on the comic book series Rest In Peace Department by Peter M. Lenkov. The film stars Ryan Reynolds as the recently deceased police officer Nick Walker and Jeff Bridges as his strange new partner Roy Pulsipher.


Plot Summary
"In Boston, the dirty cop Nick Walker hides gold, that he stole from drug-dealers with his partner Hayes, in the backyard of his house. However, the next morning, Nick tells Hayes that he will deliver the evidence to the police since he loves his wife Julia and he could not face her if they got caught. Nick and Hayes are assigned to a raid against a dangerous gang and unexpectedly Hayes kills Nick. Based on Nick's previous experience in the police department, he is assigned in the afterlife, by the Proctor, to join the Rest in Peace Department that protects the living world from the undead, and work with the old-fashioned agent Roy. Roy and Nick accidentally find out about a plot to bring an apocalypse to earth." - Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil http://www.imdb.com

My Review:
I thought this movie was actually really good, there are some funny quotes and some interesting scenes and it's nice to see a good comic on the big screen. It's not the best movie I've every seen, but it was really funny and interesting. Although I didn't think some of the special effects were very realistic, there are some pretty awesome parts where they make the movie even better. The movie's pretty fast paced, but it's strange and interesting and it makes the movie worth watching. I wouldn't say this movie is family friendly, there are some parts that might not be appropriate for young children. I think it depends on the parents, but the actual rating is PG13. For me it was a surprisingly entertaining movie, but I know not everyone enjoyed it. The movie isn't brilliant and the special effects don't help, but honestly it's still worth watching if you're just looking for a funny, fast pace movie to watch if you want to pass the time and have a laugh. If you've seen it, what did you think?
~The Elf

No comments: