17 December 2013

To This Day Project

To This Day Project
Warning: This video might be upsetting or triggering.

A spoken word poem, written and performed by Shane Koyczan.

The project is mainly a way of informing everyone of the long lasting effects that bullying has on people, and to let people know that they aren't alone.

Below are some words from the To This Day Project website:
My experiences with violence in schools still echo throughout my life, but standing to face the problem has helped me in immeasurable ways.
I wrote "To This Day", a spoken word poem, to further explore the profound and lasting impact that bullying can have on an individual.
Schools and families are in desperate need of proper tools to confront this problem. We can give them a starting point... A message that will have a far reaching and long lasting effect in confronting bullying. ~ Shane Koyczan.
For more information on the project go to: http://tothisdayproject.com/

I think this is inspiring and it's a really good start in getting people to recover from bullying and try to stop it. I don't think many people realize just how huge bullying is. It's in every school and it can still continue on to when an individual gets home. It needs to stop, but no one really knows exactly how to stop it. I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that people know that they aren't alone, and that there is always a way to make things get better, that things will eventually get better.
I know a lot of people who have been bullied and I myself have been bullied, I know how it feels, but I've seen things get better too. I think Shane Koyczan is another superhero without a cape. Do you think this video will help spread the word against bullying?
~The Elf

No comments: